Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GDITC update

I have been enjoying applique-ing my Nundle wallhanging. It is really sweet...added the ricrac & loooots of french knots, but I like the finish of it. I am really keen to get onto the embroidery as I love embroidery of all types. I can sit outside & do it or with the family, but I find I relax well with hand work. Embroidery has been a passion since I did long stints of night duty more than 25 years ago. I love the way I can combine patchwork & embroidery to make beautiful things for my home, friends & family.

A peek at a new project.


Sadly today I spoke to a friend, hard to believe we have been friends for 30 years, who is having a tumour removed from her heart next Monday. Fit & healthy, this has been a distressing shock for her family & those who love her. The prognosis is good, but it reinforces the unpredictable course of our lives & the importance of loving each other & appreciating each day. Love you Shell!


Cardygirl xx

4 comments:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Shell,
what a lovely quilt, My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your friend, and I do hope that everything goes well for her,it certainly is a very trying time for all, but a great time to be reminded of what true friendship really means...

Chookyblue...... said...

hi Leanne's project is looking great........you are going very well with it..........

Anonymous said...

Your project is looking great, Cardygirl! Good to see you're getting heaps of it done!! I love the needleturn look... just can't do it myself!!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Its great to have some hand work to do. I feel relaxed when Im doing to too. Love you needle turn The colours look great. Thoughts are with you and your friend. Not a nice thing at all. Its great to have friends and family around.