Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Itchin' for stitchin'...

Feeling refreshed after a lovely Easter break I headed for the sewing room...fingers itching...hello dear sewing machine...bliss!

It was time to construct Rosalie's pretty sewing bag from GDITC at Nundle. I was really happy with the stitchery...I like to use a variety of stitches to give texture & interest...also added a whimsical touch or two to make it my "own". My mum had been given some old ric-racs which she passed on to me, so some green was added at the base for a fun touch.

Toot, toot...it's the parcel delivery with a "squishie" for me!!!!! I love those squishie parcels that I get in the mail...the excitement of new fabric arriving...isn't it lovely? This scrumptious treat came from the lovely girls at Provincial Patch...thanks...I love it. I have some plans for it...but for the moment it is just nice to admire & dream!

A trip out for coffee with my DH & darling daughter made the day a real treat...the usual nasties (aka ironing, washing & housecleaning) are waiting for my undivided attention from tomorrow...oh well today was lovely!

Cardygirl xx

7 comments:

Julie said...

What a gorgeous bag. Love the ric-rac, special too that its from your Mum. Glad your parcel arrived safe and sound. Waiting to see what you create.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cardy....you have done a fantastic job..and your little touch looks great...

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of everyone that has the time to get their GDITC projects finished. Yours looks lovely and all the little extra touches.
Love the fabric too. Now I'm glad no fairies came to fix up your house while you were off having a great day.
Back down to earth now.....

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the ric rac and also the different stitches that you used as well. Well done!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a sweet sewing bag! The ric rac is the perfect finishing touch.

Chookyblue...... said...

love your caddy Cardy Girl........and of course the stitchery is lovely.....hope the boy is still improving........been there done that and it is no fun.......

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and whats the fabric range???