Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thankyou Blog support & Dresden Stars

Thanks to blog support, you know who you are, for your help in the "button" placement.

You are a blog lifeline for the cerebrally challenged!


I was talking to a friend about Dresden Plates...I have an embarrassingly large collection of 1930's...collected from the Southern Highlands & just about anywhere I can put my hands on them! I made this Dresden Star for my DD out of them, the original pattern had been featured on the cover of the first issue of Quilters Companion ( sorry I do not know who the designer was!). I loved every moment of making it, except for..... the binding...LOL...see my previous blog about my aversion to binding!

My friend is recovering from her heart surgery, thanks for those who sent their wishes!

Be good & if you can't be good hide the fabric at the back of the cupboard!

Cardygirl xx

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow this is beautiful...........and the yellow is so effective in it...........

Michelle said...

love the dresden plate...i actually have a quilt 3/4 done...but there it still sits unfinished...i have a post and pics somewhere on my blog...
love to see one that is so lovely finished...

jellytots said...

I personally adore this quilt.. which is good as it is my bed it pretties up! I also love the full photo; you captured a perfect mid-jump pose of Aris :)

Unknown said...

Love the way you have put the Stars in Between the Plates...the Yellow really stands out ...Beautiful Quilt...
cheers

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! Well done!! See.... the binding just 'makes' it!! ;) Hahaha about the hiding fabric comment.... where's your hiding spot?!

Judith Tetley said...

Wow...what a seriously fabulous quilt. I love the way your have incorporated the yellow into it. Quilters normally go "green" when you mention yellow in a quilt but you have showed how stylish it can be...congratulations I love it.
Kind Regards
Judith
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com