Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fads & favourites

Isn't it great to see new fabrics & feel inspired?
Your creative mind goes into hyperdrive...but sadly there are not enough hours
in a day to achieve what we would like to achieve.
A common complaint I know!

Here is a favourite...
anything with stitching...I love to embroider...play with stitches & threads
...another favourite is overdyed threads...mmm!
Another favourite is traditional with a little touch of quirkiness!
Add a little braid, some bobbles or ricrac...fun.

A current fad with me is clear colours...especially spots & stripes
...can't get enough of them.

Some of my friends have very cute birthday pressies heading their way this year!
I have signed up for a Sue Ross BOM with Material Obsession...irresistable!I love her work but have never been fortunate to do a class with her...but Kathy from MO is putting together this BOM for people like me!

I am so excited...Kathy was a delight to chat to...I have gone for a less saturated palette ( still a bit conservative)...but it will be great!

Here is a Dolly quilt I did from MO.

Look forward to sharing my progress.

Cardygirl xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am also doing the MO BOM...& have also made the same Dolly Quilt...Looking forward to see what we are in for..lol.
cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

nice fabrics.........so tempted by MO Bom also

Bec said...

Lovely little doll quilt! Keep us updated with your MO BOM!

SewAmy said...

love your stitching. It's beautiful.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You can't go wrong with spots and stripes and ricrac!!