Fun in my fabric world....

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dusting off & starting anew!


After a few weeks of not a lot happening in my sewing room, it was nice to have a day to do a little catch-up. There were a few little jobs that needed to be finished, so with a cold wind blowing I had a great excuse for giving the weeds a few more days of life. So I headed off, cleared the cobwebs from the door & dusted off the machine (with the weather here lately this is not an exaggeration!) LOL! First job was to finish the apron that DD had embroidered a pocket for...it is a gift for her friend's 21st birthday. it looks really pretty & she is doing a mug bag to match it.
Then it was time to face the MO BOM- Block 2. I have had it cut out for a couple of weeks but, to be perfectly honest, I was a bit nervous about it. It is a challenging BOM...but it really is helping to expand our skill repertoire. Despite my grumblings I am pleased that I have taken this project on as it is something different & it is nice to share some MO even though I am a few hours from Sydney. It is also great to share our journey on the blog.
Lastly I will share a quilt I made a few years ago. I purchased a starter kit from Timeless Threads at Mittagong as I needed a dramatic quilt for the upper landing in my home. It certainly fits the bill, but doing this month's BOM made me remember that working with bias edges is not an easy thing to do! But every time I look at it I have to smile as I remember all the frustration & then achievement that was the reward of this quilt's journey.
Hope you have some stitching time today!
Cardygirl xx


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cobwebs build up don't they , glad to see you're getting things done .

Gingerpatch said...

Great day to stay inside out of the wind & cold. Your BOM block looks fantastic - I had better get the machine out to keep up!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I LOVE that BOM block and the quilt you made for your house is just wonderful!!!

As for my pincushions...OMG, I have about 100. All different sizes, colors and fabrics. My favorites are woolfelt ones.
I am always on the prowl for a cute pattern. I think collecting them is addicting.
Peggy

Lurline said...

Love your 'landing' quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

Those aprons are beautiful.... the pattern is great!! Your MO block looks great! Well done!!

Sherri said...

I love what you said at the end...so many of our quilts will always remind us of the frustrations and rewards of their journeys! Have a great day!