Fun in my fabric world....

Friday, October 2, 2009

A big day!

A big day in the Cardy household...my 18yr old baby graduates from High School ready to do his final exams & move on to the next phase of his life! It seems like only yesterday that he was the tearful boy not wanting to be left at preschool....in actual fact he was standing on the jungle gym kicking out at the teachers & screaming " Mummy don't leave me!" Now I am no longer the centre of his world, he is big & hairy, but I still miss the little boy that was! But then, I am proud of the man he has become...and I am glad he is self confident & independent! He will look lovely in his new shirt & tie...

And I am taking the evening bag I made for DD's graduation...smocked black dupion silk.


Wish me luck with the waterproof mascara!

Cardygirl xx

4 comments:

broderie said...

have a great night, you in your new red dress and 'cardy' and your son in his new outfit! the 'cardy' family will all look very smart!!!!
the type of tears you are likely to shed are good tears, they come from the inner soul and you are allowed to be proud.

wishes, true and kind said...

14 years ago we moved into the house we now live in and I registered my son for Kindergarten. In June of this year he graduated from high school and this Fall started college. I can't believe how much can happen in such a short time! Have a great evening. Remember. Celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Hope the graduation was a success!! Congratulations to DS! I'm sure you all looked gorgeous... and dashing! Hope the waterproof mascara held up it's end of the bargain!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

It is such a momentous time. Y+They do grow so quickly, and the memories seem but a day old at times. Have a really fun evening, and chalk up another precious memory!