Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hexagon magic.

Everywhere I look I see hexagons...repro, retro, scrappy & bright. They are turning up & turning my head too!
 Each Wednesday there are more... I can't help but admire them...I look at Fiestagirl's...then to One Flower Wednesday and then wander over to Lori's ( who has an excellent tutorial on making them too)...pop by Texas Freckles & her charm hexies... and then saw that Joan had bought papers and started too. What a great way to use up scraps &; spend a chilly afternoon...long term, but fun just the same!
I had a bit of a play with some Amy Butler scraps...fun! Do I want flowers or charms...hmmmm?
I made this Hexagon quilt, machined, a few years back, but I think I will succumb to little papers.
 I might just have to pop over & join in somewhere!
Cardygirl xx

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh do join us. It's such fun. :)Hugs, Jeanette

SandyN said...

I was thinking about joining too. I have brought the papers last year..

Sandy N

paront1222@comcast.net said...

You are right, hexagons everywhere!
I like your older quilt...quite nice!
Peggy

Cubby House Crafts said...

I know what you mean, they are everywhere and have tempted me into having a go!lol!
Your quilt is beautiful!
Thankyou for the link to the tutorial..I will head over!
Lisa

Betsy said...

Wonderful that you can join us. I do like your hexie quilt and wondered if you machine pieced it or machine quilted it?
I have made 2 hexie quilts by hand both piecing and quilting and never thought I could piece them on the machine.

wishes, true and kind said...

It IS magic, isn't it?!?! Next time I get over to Fabric Depot, I'm buying lots more hexie papers in a variety of sizes :)

Unknown said...

Love how you have Fussy Cut your Hexie it is Gorgeous....mine are in storage...Hope I get the Urge when they come out in August..lol.
cheers