Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Way out west...

...was where I headed bright and early on Friday morning...
driving a long way, over the Great Dividing Range, watching the soil change from rich black to red...snakes slithering across the road like silvery brown ribbons...bearded dragons dodging death and sunning themselves in the middle of the road...
careful I might accidentally break into a verse or two of Waltzing Matilda! In actual fact I was singing along to my "Blast from the past" ipod playlist...Dragon, Cold Chisel, Fleetwood Mac with a bit of Elton John, David Bowie and the Fine Young Cannibals thrown in for good measure...lucky I was alone! Very attractive!!
Off to Chookyblue's I headed...a lovely drive...even nicer to meet her and B in town for lunch...then back to Chez Chook to catch up with her family...the best of times...
Miss Jules called in for a wine which developed into mulberry picking...
then it was time to feed the lambs (a task I am apparently not very good at!)...check the chooks...and laugh and chat a lot.
A stormy morning followed and a cooler day...the chatter continued...I managed to stitch two blocks!
  (with Chooky harassing me to finish my TTS stitchalong top....not that she seemed to be doing much work on hers!!!).
 Ahem...put that computer away!!!!
 The garden is beautiful...
with little kingfishers in the trees..
more tomorrow!
Cardygirl xx

23 comments:

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

It is such a luvly place...oh, and person...hehe...and relaxing.

Cheryll said...

Oh what FuN ! :)

Lorraine said...

Looks like you had a great time...I like your playlist...and singing along is a must when you are travelling alone. Love your safety/work boots!

Anonymous said...

great pics Alison,the snakes would've freaked me out and i love the pic of the kingfisher.
great mates and great times cant beat it.xo

loulee said...

Wow, what a great weekend.

Janet said...

What a great time away from the normal routines. It looks like you had so much fun.

Miriam said...

Looks like you two had a great time together!!

Chookyblue...... said...

a wonderful weekend..........hope your working on your TTS tonight.........lol.......thank goodness you were travelling on your own..........lol

rosie said...

Everyone should have a Cardy in their life when things get tough!! Or a Chooky!!

Siobhán said...

It sounds like a load of fun! Everything sounds idyllic--except for the snakes and bearded dragons. ;)

Mary said...

Looks so relaxing! Love the little kingfisher :) Your out west looks a lot like our southwest!

Heather said...

Sounds like a lovely time. Love the photo of the kingfisher.

suzitee said...

Your photos are great...almost feel like I was there (ha! I wish!)

Josie said...

I'm no expert but that lamb looks happy with your feeding technique. Were you training it to do the splits? I am seriously worried about your shoes (or lack of) though. You actually saw snakes and still went outside barefoot... are you mad? Next time take gum boots!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day! Thanks for sharing with us. I think the bird photo is fabulous.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

LOL.....looks like you had a ball..great photos I do love the one of you with the lamb...LOL...

Shiralee Stitches said...

Glad you two had a lovely catch up.....Chooky's garden looks beautiful....I love bouganvillias.....have you got that TTS finished yet???

Janice said...

It sounds like you two had a wow of a time. You did well to get any stitching done, with all your other activities. I'm sure the lamb would have been doing just fine with your feeding technique.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a Good Time..I think you looked pretty good feeding the Calf...
Don't see Mulberry Trees often bet they were Delish...
cheers

Lenora said...

I have been lurking on your blog for a while now and I think it is time I said hello. Hi! When you are ready for Victoria and some dairy cows just let me know.

Chocolate Cat said...

oh I wish I was there too!!! love all the photos especially the kingfisher!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Cardygirl...sounds like a fun time at Chooky's...you look pretty good feeding that lamb...and pretty good doing 2 blocks...now, I wonder how Chooky is progressing with her stuff ha ha...Pretty cool when someone drops in for wine...have a great Friday!

Carrie P. said...

OH, I love that little kingfisher. Such a pretty blue.