Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This week

With assignments complete, I need to plunge headlong into all the jobs needing attention. we are hoping to put the house on the market in the next few weeks so there needs to be a little more sprucing up done!
Mothers Day saw my darling Eleanore with her Robert home for the weekend...she has not been here since February and I do miss her, but that is life and it is lovely to see her and know she is always there for me. We didn't do anything interesting...cleaned up some of her stuff and just chatted...nice times.
I also quilted and BOUND this Schnibbles quilt for her to give as a gift to a friends newborn son...cute!
But, the main thing that is happening is the MAJOR tidy and decrap I mean declutter of the sewing room. SOOOO much stuff it is unbelievable the treasures I am unearthing...sort of like an archaeological site! Laces, ribbons and buttons from my Mum, and even some from her friends and goodness knows who else!
Before...
and during.
  You will have to wait to see the after pics!
 Some major sorting happening (obviously well overdue too) and I am feeling some sense of relief as this mess is finally tackled! A couple more days and I will be under control (I hope!!!).
I will leave you with some pics...
my autumn garden...
cat on a lead...
a happy dog!
Some mail yesterday...so I will be back soon!
Cardygirl XX

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Baby Quilt is Lovely...Good Luck with your Decluttering but You will Feel Better for it!..
cheers

Googy Girl said...

good luck with the decluttering, i cleaned my sewing cabinet area the other day, because i don't have a sewing room i have to declutter more often, which i think after looking at your pic might be a good thing....LOL

love the baby quilt so bright and fresh

Anonymous said...

Alison lovely pics glad you had a visit from your daughter,they are special times.Love the baby quilt and i can relate to your sewing room i am doing the same at the moment.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt.........OMG what a mess..........keep going you will be so happy after.........

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and hi to Miss E.........

Lorraine said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend time with your Eleanore....I love having the kids home...! Love that baby quilt....and it's bound!! yay!! Looking forward to the "after" pics of the sewing room....I am so messy when I am sewing....stuff everywhere....! Hope the cleaning/tidying/decluttering is going well...Don't work too hard!

Anthea said...

The baby will sleep soundly under that gorgeous quilt. Well done on the de-cluttering, we all have to do it some time, but detest it all the same... just don't post any 'tidy' pics to make us feel guilty about our own mess, LOL!

Mary said...

The baby quilt is so cheery! I don't think we will ever move...I would never have enough time to go through all the stuff we have collected! The dog is adorable!

Sherri said...

Love the Schnibble...and can't wait to see the after pictures of your sewing room!

Wendy said...

The baby quilt is very sweet. De-cluttering my sewing room is the hardest job for me.

Susan said...

Decluttering is so hard to do, but so great afterwards. Looking forward to seeing the after pic. And what a lucky baby.

Miriam said...

Love your cat!!!

The baby quilt will be well loved! Congratulations on the finish.

Have fun unearthing treasures!

seabreezequilts said...

I need to declutter my sewing room only trouble is as soon as I do I fill it up again. Lovely quilt and is that a GSP I had one of those when I was girl, he was a lovely puppy.

Janice said...

Your baby quilt is gorgeous. I'm sure it will be much loved. When you're finished in your sewing room would you like tackle my stuff? Just kidding. Can't wait to see the "after" photos, just to make me feel even more guilty about the state of mine.

Janet said...

What a lovely quilt for a new baby. I wish you luck on the declutter because that is a hard job.

Shiralee Stitches said...

Lovely baby quilt......wow, what a mess you are muddling through....deciding what to throw out is always agonising for me!!! but it looks like you've got it sorted and will feel such a sense of accomplishment very soon......

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend and week for you :)