Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Looking forward to....

 I am counting the sleeps at present because this weekend I am doing a Mexican cooking class with two very special friends.  Ole!
Recently I had a super fun day with two of my favourite people...
with DD and my very dear friend, we attended a class, " A Passion for Pastry"...
the apron says it all!
We made profiteroles with vanilla bean patisserie...super yum!
We had a choice of sweet or savoury shortcrust pastry. The others made super delish quiches while I made a Poached Pear and Frangipane tart...divine!!!
It was so much fun and Jace, our teacher was fabulous and very patient.
It was so much fun that we booked in for the Mexican class!
Sadly DD isn't coming this time, but her stand in will be lots of fun!
So, what did I do with that container full of profiteroles? 
Fed the neighbours! Hopefully I haven't raised their expectations of the new neighbour!
Not sure if I will be cooking Mexican for them?
Cardygirl xx


14 comments:

gracie said...

Sounds like fun and looks delicious. Can't wait to see what you mix up with the Mexican class.

wish2stitch said...

That's it, I've decided. It is definitely time I visited you for a stitching weekend. I LOVE profiteroles. They are in my top 5 favourite desserts.

Nedra said...

I'm ready to move in next door :) Looks delish Alison!

Shay said...

You can send your Mexican leftovers down to me if you're looking for someone to eat your deliciousness.(those profiteroles look amazingly good)

Have fun at your cooking class!

Susan said...

I'm sure we can all help you out with leftovers, be they pastry or Mexican. Have fun.

Googy Girl said...

When 's the Mexican class , I ll be over for dinner

Sue SA said...

Can I move in?!

Cheryll said...

Well... if you ever need a taste tester... I'm your GaL! :)
EnJoY !

Kevin the Quilter said...

Thanks for putting 10 lbs on me from these photos! Delicious!

Lorraine said...

Gosh for a moment there I thought you had been photographed with Bear Grylls!! Have a ball with the Mexican class......Disfrute!

Anita said...

You can make me profiteroles when I come visit....my favourite!!

Marg said...

Oh boy do I wish I was your neighbour!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum wish I liked cooking :)
These all look awesome

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

.I'll eat with my eyes here Alison (I'm gluten free)...I've always wanted to try Mexican! Looks delicious!