Fun in my fabric world....

Saturday, May 3, 2014

It is all about the journey apparently.

The last week has been good in my sewing world. I have actually been creative, and I have really enjoyed it!
Clamshells have been an easy and fun project, using lots from my stash....and not even a dent in it. Sewing machine time is still not happening, which is fine, but I am powering on with some relaxing hand work. New cushions would look fabulous on my lounge, so scrappy clamshells were my thought. I got a bit excited today, the clamshells are complete and so I thought, some quick machine quilting and I will have one cushion done...great!


But then I had a talk with my sewing conscience who said, "don't rush it, it is about the enjoyment of the journey, not a rush to the finish", or something like that! Okay, I know some perle hand quilting would look better, so that is what I will do....black or multi colours?


My big hexie bag is complete...it is made from 2" hexies, so will be able to carry as much sewing as I might aspire to do,


And I have been playing with some 1/2" hexies too. The most annoying part of this is that one rosette seems to have now disappeared, I am probably walking around looking for it, and all the time it is most likely stuck on my butt! No, hang on...not there!


Bitterly cold here today, by our standards at least, nice to stay inside in the warmth!
Hope you are somewhere cosy!
Cardygirl xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

21 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

liking all the paper piecing projects...........
freezing cold here today.....probably not had a day like this for years........

Susan said...

I think black....but the multi colour would be good too. It has been cold everywhere today, and so windy in Newcastle. If you're like me, that hexie won't show up until the replacement is done! Great seeing you yesterday.

Marg said...

It's even really cold up here. Well, really cold for us.
I laughed at Susan's comment, that always happens to me when I can't find something I've cut or sewn already.

Mary said...

I love all your colorful, patchy projects! Looks wonderful!!!!

Susan said...

I love the hexie 'dilly' bag! Is that the Judy Newman pattern? Yes, make a replacement for the lost rosette and the original is sure to show up! Stay warm- it's blustery and cold here in Melbourne tonight too!

Anonymous said...

lovely work Cardy and its cold and wet here too,enjoy your weekend.xx

Nettyt56 said...

Lovely clamshells and hexies. Always inspired by your lovely work.

gracie said...

So colorful

Sue SA said...

Love the fussy cut hexi's in your bag, very cute. So hate loosing that cut fabric piece, its up with the missing jigsaw bit!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the idea of hand quilting the clam shells. I'm sure whatever thread color you select will be perfect.

Shay said...

Definitely multi coloured hand quilting for me. It's going to be beautiful!

Loving the dilly bag. So cute!

PS. Yes it is about the journey but thats not going to stop me machine sewing a binding on this week !

wish2stitch said...

When you talk about your sewing conscience, I picture this episode of Goofy with a good Goofy angel on one shoulder and a Goofy devil on the other, both trying to talk Goofy around his dilemma. I still remember watching that as a child. But now I picture bad Cardy with devil horns saying 'just whip it up on the machine and finish it ' while on your other shoulder is angel Cardy speaking oh so calmly about the virtues of the sewing journey you are on. I'm just glad you are getting some sewing time in around your busy schedule. Projects look lovely.

Janet said...

Some beauty hand sewing going on at your house!!

Anthea said...

The hexy bag turned out so well Cardy, love it... oh that darn Sewing Conscience, but It's right, hand quilting will look good...

Deb R said...

I still have my clamshells from Nundle hiding somewhere in my UFO stash lol
love your hexi dilly bag thou, such a good idea!

barb's creations said...

Lovely to see you enjoying your sewing journey, I'm with Susan that disappearing hexie will probably turn up just as you finish the replacement one lol. Love looking at all you've been working on :) barb.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love it all Al, love the fabrics

Lorraine said...

As long as you enjoy the journey go with it! Loving the colours in the clamshells and the hexies...perfect for a cold dull day.

pandchintz said...

Love those clamshells - I think multi colours would look good. And love, love, love your hexie bag!! It's gorgeous!! Do I spy some fabrics from "our" weekend?? Hope you find the missing rosette!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh it all looks lovely! Your pillow will be fabulous!

Farmyard Stitches said...

That hexie bag is gorgeous! Did you find the piece!? Glad it wasn't stuck to your butt!!! Lol