Fun in my fabric world....

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Okay Chooky, here's a post....

Bitterly cold here today with such a lazy wind. As Chookyblue said, East Coast bloggers MUST be hiding inside, unless you are out playing in the snow of course! It was still sunny here but really chilly outside. Some family members found cosy spots to sit.

We were lucky enough to have our DD and her sweet husband come for the weekend...it is always so lovely to see them. We also had the pleasure of a visit from a friend of DH who now lives in Vermont.

 So not a lot of stitching happened, but I did spend some time this evening cutting out whirligigs. I had a day sewing with Janette earlier this week at Cottage Quiltworks with Judy Newman. It was a lovely day and I created one whirligig...just think, only twenty four to go if I want a quilt....hmmmm?
So stay warm wherever you are, especially on the a East coast of Australia...brrrr!
Cardygirl xxx

8 comments:

gracie said...

Here in the SW of the USA we are in our hot heat. I love your whirligig!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Definitely staying warm here in the U.S.! Love the Whirligig block!

Jeanette said...

Love the whirligig. Puss has the best idea. :). Hugs,xx

Shay said...

It snowed here at Mt. Lofty this past weekend...must have been cold in Adelaide- I wouldnt know because I didnt leave the house.

Your whirligig looks fantastic - one block after the other and you'll get to the end of the 24 you need.

Sue SA said...

One down, and 24 to go for a quilt, or a border and it will make a lovely cushion! Welcome back, love your woolly work in previous post. All rugged up here, got the sewing machine and iron on to keep me warm!

wish2stitch said...

Love your whirligig block. Staying warm here too. Snowing on the mountains nearby. Will be sewing by the air conditioner this afternoon.

Lorraine said...

Yes, cold here in SA - like Shay I didn't venture outside to check if it was snowing, but I am sure it was somewhere nearby! The wind was definitely lazy! I am loving the cold weather though..way better than the heat! Love the whirligig - very pretty fabrics!

Chookyblue...... said...

no sun here..........tried a couple of times yesterday but failed..........today not a cance........windier today then yesterday..........love the whirly gig........a quilt would be nice.....would love to do one of her workshops.......

how are the "rural" people going now........bet they left to find a warmer spot for the weekend....settling in I hope..............